Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Egg Retrieval and Fertilization Report

So we had our egg retrieval yesterday (09.13.11) and the initial report was that they retrieved 8 eggs! I was so excited to hear this because this was 2 more eggs than the last retrieval.  The call this morning from the clinic was not great.  Two of the eight eggs were immature and only two eggs fertilized.  Last IVF we had 6 eggs fertilize and 3 made it to the day 3 transfer.   There was some sort of mis-communication with the embryologist about which sample to use.  He obviously used the wrong sample.  I am beyond upset that we only have 2 embryos. I am sort of convinced that we will not have anything by day 3 to transfer.

I am clearly going to have to have a serious conversation with the doctor about how things turned out.  Even if we have a successful cycle, I should of had embryos to freeze.  If this cycle is not successful, we will be asking for a free cycle (not billed to the insurance) due to the fertilization mishap.  I hope that the embryos are still dividing when they call me tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. wow - didn't realize there was a mishap! oh my ... and yes, i would be having a serious talking to with the re ... not acceptable!

    ReplyDelete