Saturday, October 15, 2011

October 15th

Today is National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Day.  Since we lost our son four months ago, this is obviously very close to our heart. We lit a candle at 7 pm.



**As a side note, Charlie is in an urn next to our bed.  I ordered an urn when he was cremated but his ashes wouldn't fit in it.  So we ordered a teddy bear urn.  In the interim, we put him with the Sleep Sheep that he loved to listen to in the womb (the only way I could get him to stop kicking and go to sleep). The teddy bear urn was a logistic nightmare to get.  Mr. H and I decided to take this as a sign that he was happy the way he was.  We keep the teddy bear urn (it is a stuffed bear) with the sheep. **

I wish that this was not such a taboo subject. I find much comfort and peace in talking about Charlie and all the happiness that he still brings me.

No comments:

Post a Comment