Thursday, October 13, 2011

News Good and Bad

So I was all ready to upload a picture of my positive home pregnancy test on September 26th (Charlie's due date).  We were so excited because the IVF worked again! Well the beta came in at 38 but we were a few days early so the "real test" was two days later and the beta was 46.  Obviously disappointing but maybe there was still reason to hope!  Two days later (09.30.11) my beta was 30.6.  A chemical pregnancy. I have been beyond disappointed.

We are doing an IUI this month (October) and if that doesn't work (please work!) then we are meeting with a new RE on the 27th to see what he has to say.

We are also seriously considering gestational surrogacy.  Having another baby is going to involve a preventative cerclage (cervix sewn closed) because I delivered Charlie without any labor pains. Another baby also carries the risk of pre-term labor.  I have asked my sister and she has said yes (if we need her).   If you thought IVF was complicated than I don't know how to describe the process that is gestational surrogacy.  It will be so worth it in the end though!  I feel like one way or another we are going to end up with a baby!! Now I know why they say that you have to withstand the rain to get a rainbow.

And  thanks to God for giving me such an awesome sister!

1 comment:

  1. i am so, sooo sorry to hear about the chemical pregnancy ... hope iui blesses you with a wee one!
    if, as you said, it doesn't, how generous of your sister!!! that is incredible!
    thinking of you often and wish you the best of luck in this journey : )

    ReplyDelete